Wednesday, March 06, 2024

A theme for February

We've talked about how I love a theme. In February I always hit health hard with my kids. I can cover self love; which has resulted in unit studies and joint reads covering self esteem, anger management, personal health and hygiene, self regulation etc. Under the theme of passion in February I always cover sex education with my kids too. We've read, studied, chatted, and researched using a plethora of books over the years such as; Usborne's What's Happening to Me? Guy Stuff: the Body Book for Boys, American Girls The Care and Keeping of You Vol. 1 & 2, Celebrate Your Body (and it's changes too), 30 Days of Sex talks for three different age categories, Good Picture, Bad Picture for two different age groups, Own Your Period-A Fact-filled Guide to Period Positivity. I don't limit the conversations to a single time of year but February is definitely a heavier catalyst for conversation. 

February also seems to be the time the I can come into a set mindset of loving myself more as well. I don't know if I intentionally can't get myself to fall in line health and personal fitness wise in January due to principle or some other psychology but I surely never truly get my act together until February when it comes to a new exercise routine or cleaning up my diet. 

No comments: