Tuesday, April 08, 2008

What a day

Boy today has been crazy. I have been on the go basically the whole day. I got in both my work out sessions and got my cpr/aed certification. Going thru that class really just hit me in a real emotional way. I really pray that if I am ever in that situation that God gives me the courage to do what I need to. I've never been a flight type of person in the past but I did get freaked out in the class once we started doing the compressions and I realized how easy--almost default it was to break ribs. Better broken ribs than unfinished life right?
Anyway, I got my taxes done today. What a freaking hassle. I got my Dexter swap package yesterday and have been dying to take pics and tell y'all about all the cool stuff I got. I didn't have much time today so I took my items with me to the tax office and took pics while I waited. I know those people thought I was crazy...whatev.
My swap partner is the absolute best. Everything she sent me was so thoughtful, snazzy/cool, and just plain great. I had so much fun with this swap. I can't wait to do the next one. This is def. my cup of tea as far as the knitting community swaps and KAL's go. Anyway without further ado...

My partner made me the coolest bag. I will have to take another pic so you guys can grasp the full scope of things. Nevertheless, its the coolest bag with little skulls all over it. Definitely my new knitting bag-permanently

Check out these stitch markers! They are body parts and the fingernails on the hands are even painted just like the ITK's victims. Note that the hands are black! love it.

My partner included a custom pouch that had not 1, not 2, not 3, but FOUR skeins of custom dyed merino wool (worsted-my favorite) inside. Do you know what colors those are? Ice Truck Killer colors my friends

Here's a shot of the other cool stuff that was in the package. She made me a custom Dexter flip book that included quotes and stickers from the show. She even sent me the barbie head keychain (in sistah version). Also included were cool stickers, a notebook, mints, earrings, not to mention a really heart felt and lovely necklace.

6 comments:

Jeremiah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

So... is this a Dexter (the TV show) + knitting group? How did those 2 things get put together, and how did you find it?

Anonymous said...

Geez, i'm hatin on Blogger's comment posting. Three tries to get it right, and it's still showing the deleted one.

Make that 5 tries. Stupid word verification resets after a preview.

Corwink said...

Girl I am super jealous of your stitch markers!! That is an awesome idea! Sounds like you got super spoiled by your swap partner. I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Anonymous said...

OH My Gosh! I'm so glad you loved everything! I forgot to mention that the slipper earring findings are sterling silver so hopefully no allergies will be had :)

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of cool stuff.

That dexter show sounds creepy.