Thursday, January 11, 2024

Chile, I can't believe it!

I don't know what wild hair made me search the blogger sphere and look for my old blog but I did. I also don't know what possessed me to see if I could log into it... 

Presto! 

I'm here. 

Since my last entry in 2011 I've had several more moves including a second move back overseas and but to Germany. We moved to Kansas a second time, California once, and also repeated Georgia. We currently reside in Kentucky but will be on our way to Washington state soon enough. This military life has been...extensive. 

Since my last entry I've had two more children and my son who I announce on the blog is fourteen going on fifteen this year. 

Since my last entry I've attempted to write a romance novel-- several times. At this point it's been a while since I've written a story but I can still vividly recall those first days I first decided to try and ended up with over 50 pages written. 

It was magical. I didn't know I could until I did and it was coherent and it was real. Now I have MANY unfinished manuscripts strewn about the home now. It's foolish to think that this year will be the year but I must admit...sometimes I be playing the fool.

Since my last entry why family became permanent homeschoolers during and then also "after" covid. It's been amazing- at least I hope. There is always the fear that the kids will grow up and one day reveal that it all sucked and they struggled and did for me but would have preferred public school.

My middle child actually wants to go back next year and while I've gone full advocate for homeschooling I would let her make that choice to return. This may be one of those things she needs to see for herself. She's in that tween stage and I want her to feel heard, understood, supported, and validated in choosing what's right for her. 

Not so secretly I suspect public school won't be what she hoped it would be, learning style wise, and I can validate, support, hear, and understand her right to change her mind as well. As far as I'm concerned it's not such a high stakes decision to experiment with. Recovery in either direction is low cost. 

Since my last entry too many changes, twists, and turns have happen for me to list them nonchalantly in a reintroduction post. Over the years I have thought many times about blogging. I think I even produced a couple of entries on a "new" blog somewhere out in these cyber streets at some point. Can't recall where. I had a knitting video podcast on YouTube that I started and quit within the same year many years ago. Funny enough, I enjoyed all of those things. Simply put, I did not make time or seriously dedicate myself to them. 

I used the internet a certain way when I was younger. It was a spare time compartmentalised occasional conversation piece.  Now I often wonder if I had been more diligent could I have parlayed my hobbies and interests into something more that was lucrative and fulfilling. Hindsight is always 20/20, ultimately I think the answer is that I didn't have confidence/determination/motivation anyway.

There's always that pesky little problem of never quite being able to group my words in that impressive way that could evoke like I always dreamed. 

In the early years, when I was blogging there were plenty of examples of hobbyist going professional. Now days I feel a little out or sorts and put off by the terrain out here. I'm not so sure that blogging happens just for blogging sake anymore. I'm not so sure that personal blogging isn't plain out of vogue.  It seems as though that is the sole roadmap for a blog is profit.  

Isn't everyone using AI now anyway?! lol. 

Regardless of all the reasons I could talk myself out of things, I'm back on blogging. Old school. The purpose is for my own pleasure. The content will be a range. I live a full bodied life and my brain is always on. I be doing and experiencing all kinds of shit. 😂

On that note, I don't intend to censor myself though I also don't curse much anymore. 

Nevertheless, we've established, I'm a woman of a certain age- I'll say what I want and be free here. 

No comments: