Thursday, July 13, 2006

My secret sistah friend is just awesome...she sent me a nifty little note in the mail. Now I have a clue about her....She's from Cincinnati (according to the postage). I may be able to narrow things down. She asked me about some things I like and I really have to think about that.
I know that she meant knitting/yarn related but it got me thinking. I watch Oprah all the time and you know how every year she has her favorite things list? I thought wouldn't it be cool to comprise a Nina's most favorite things list? So going from the Oprah tradition the only things on this list will be things I've tried or things I have that I own and love. A lot of them actually are knitting related because it's an extreme hobby of mine but others are just things I love...maybe in the future I will make a long to love list, as in the items that I long to love but probably never will because they are way too expensive; as it would have it already some of these items are WAY over in the luxury category and are not regular occurences in my own life (probably not an issue with oprah) Anyway, below is my top 50 Favorite things and no they are not in any particular order. By the way I love making list...I'm surprised I haven't done any of this prior

Nina's Favorite things

1. Banana Laffy Taffy
2. Banana Runts
3. My pink Ipod mini
4. Gold's gym - The gym is awesome, it has a mechanical rock climbing wall, a physical rehad center, a mini spa (facials/massages), and tanning bed. The classes there are awesome and free except for the Reformer Pilates class and most of all the people there are friendly and fun and welcoming at my gym. I've made some peeps there...
5. Victoria's Secret Full Coverage Ipex Bras
6. Victoria's Secrete Shock Absorber Sports Bra
7. Sneakers in general but in particular Nike Shox
8. Alchemy Bamboo Yarn
9. Lion Brand Cashmere Blend Yarn
10. Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Yarn
11. Target
12. Food Network
13. Rachel Ray- yes I subscribe to her magazine, YUMMO! I also like Sandra Lee's semi- homemade style and the Iron Chef
14. Cookbooks- I actually kind of collect them (at least that is what I'm calling it since I’ve acquired so many)
15. Bulky yarns-wool in particular (even though I’m "big boned" and people say never knit with bulky if you're carrying a few extra pounds, I don’t care. I like bulky)
16. Funky knitting needles- I actually have those Joanns sparkle/glitter straight needles, I saw those new lite brite needles and would like to have them but these needles are actually on their way to my house this very minute. Snazzy!
17. Pretty or fun or cute paper stationary
18. Journals- here’s an example of the last ones I bought as gifts (if you know me and receive a gift from at some point in life you will receive a journal from me because I just love them that much and think they are a practical gift for every person)
19. Coconut, pina colada, and Hawaiian scented and flavored drinks, perfume, body spray, body lotion, gum, lolly pops, pretty much anything that carries the scent and flavor- you can call it an obsession.
20. Things with my name or initials on them. – You know how when your on vacation and looking in the souvenier shops for gifts and they always have keychains ors shot glasses w/ your name on them…for some reason it rare that my name is there and it really does bug me…it not the serious and it shouldn’t but it really gets to me!
21. Shoes- I don’t discriminate but there is a special place in my heart for boots.
22. Purses- I like to coordinate and I like cute stuff, I have many knitting bags too.
23. Muscle and Fitness Hers Magazine (it's been thru a lot of changes over the years but i just can't let go, it's a good fitness publication) and Oxygen Magazine
24. IKEA
25. Pier 1
26. Direct TV- I love having Tivo and now that I have it I will NEVER go back to basic cable or to Comcast for that matter. DOWN WITH COMCAST!!!!!
27. PHO- Pho Saigon in my area in particular w/ the fresh spring rolls and peanut sauce-holler at your gurl, they are scrumptous!
28. Mexican Food- El Charro or Mateo's especially
29. Arnold Schwarzenegger- Don’t laugh! I’ve seen pretty much every movie he’s ever made and when I was little I was going to marry him. It’s such a shame because I hear he is or use to be a huge egotistic maniacal jerk…:-(
30. Taylors of Harrogate Black Currant Tea- I love herbal and green as well but for some reason I LOVED this little english black breakfast tea. Mmmmm, Mmmmm- this is good stuff; I've had it every time I go to tea at the Ritz. I liked it so much I did an online search to get me some of that thur tea when I couldn’t find it in the stores.
31. The Color Purple; seen the movie more times than I can count, read the book a couple times and just recently was given a hardcover copy as a gift. My hubby gave me the best Christmas present ever when he took me to see it on Broadway in NYC this past January.
32. Knit.1 magazine and Vogue Knitting magazine; I love looking at Rowan and Cedifra (sp) and Rebecca too.
33. MySpace-I love myspace it keeps me connected with all my peeps and I always feel special when I have a new comment or message-love love love
34. Oprah
35. Mail - I love receiving mail and packages; it makes me feel special and it’s so special because people really have to make and effort and think about you to send you a note or something in the mail these days. I’ve always love receiving mail- Bills get irritating to pay but I don’t mind receiving them in the mail w/ my name on them and all. It kinda feels good. (I love getting email too)
36. Church- I love going to church (except it being early in the morning)- Don’t get freaked out by the top picture it I think that was after some type of church production or something. We aren’t like WACO worshipers or drinking rattlesnake venom or anything. It’s a normal church with normal folks.
37. Massages, manicures, pedicures, or getting my hair or eyebrows done- most of the time its’ not as expensive as you would think – actually if you’re getting a weave it’s expensive but otherwise, No- Plus, it makes me feel like a diva and I feel better and more put together about myself too.
38. Alias - I actually started watching this show (thanks to TNT reruns) probably about a year a go and I am finally caught up to the last season so I can’t wait to see how it all ends.
39. Gelati's- it's a wonderful combination of Italian ice and soft serve ice cream/custard. You guessed it I usually get vanilla ice cream with either pina colada or mango flavored italian ice or a combo.
40. Ice cream- Coldstone or Ben and Jerry's is my favorite; in New Mexico they have this place called Caliche's...it is THE best. Mmmmmmh!
41. Bookstores or Libraries. I just enjoy being in the presence of books and in that atmosphere. Weird I know, yet true. I could say the same for yarn stores. My husband says I'm a grandma...
42. Santoku knives- I use to watch Rachel Ray just slices thru things like nobodies business on 30-minute meals and asked for one for Christmas. I think she uses her own trademark type Furi Santoku knife now but I bought mine back in the day and it's the best knife I own. Better than Cutco.
43. Avocado
44. Nuts- Do I dare to say that I've never met a nut I didn't like-lol? Truly I love pistachios, cashews, peeeecans, walnuts, macadamias, peanuts, etc etc etc
45. Workout clothes- obviously I just love clothing but I love to coordinate and look cute for the gym; it is a part of who I am.
46.VX Golds Gym treadmill
47. Black cinema - Movies like, I'm gone git you sucka, hollywood shuffle, and the Last dragon
48. Old Kung Fu movies with the whack sound effects- these movies have the coolest fight scenes and they actually have quite a bit of humor in them.
49. 50" Flat screen plasma- this thing is awesome. I know a big television is typically a man thing but I LOVE IT, especially to use in conjunction with my Tivo.
50. Cotton Candy

This is pretty much the only post for this week. Sure has been a lot of fun but a lot of effort! It kind of ended up being my favorite things, activities, and people but what ever...it's MY list and I can do what I want! :-) When I think about it, it's a crazy amount of effort put in for just 3 people to read. Maybe I will post up on my sistafriends to check it out....:-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe...I love those old kung fu movies, too. They're so kitsch they're funny!

Anonymous said...

Hello Nina

I am so glad that you liked my note. It's good to know your favorite things. Be on the lookout, you never know when I'm going to strike (smile)

Your Secret Sister Friend Pal

Matty said...

cool, i want a secret friend!!!