Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Apparently, I'ma sock knitting pimp....


I not only turned the heel I finished the sock!
I have to admit it was touch and go there for a minute but the short row heal came out pretty good.
As you can see this is just a little footie type sock so I only knit 1 inch of ribbing. I love the length and theY fit like a dream. The only problem is that it's a little tight to get into. I may have to rework the bind off in larger needles. The good thing is that now that I've knit one I am fully confident I can do the other and make improvements- I feel like I know what I'm doing now! :-)
Since this sock didn't have much ribbing I actually had quite a bit of my one skein of Lorna's left. I'll see how much it takes to knit the 2nd sock but this might be the case where I can knit two pair from these two skeins. How awesome would that be...I mean, with all my trying on of the sock I came to like it quite a bit...why not have a pair for myself? ;-)

BTW, I LOVE knitting from the toe up. I did it!
(Better pic when I can get hubby to shoot some for me. I took others but they were all awkward looking...)

5 comments:

Judith said...

Hi! I love your sock! I have yet to knit any from the toe up -- that's next on the list.

Ninabeena said...

Awww, thanks Judith. This is my first pair ever and I'm so pleased that they came out ok....

Anonymous said...

Nina, your footie is great! Can't wait to learn the toe-up method. Keep up the great work and I'll chat with you soon.

Black Purl said...

WHAT??!!...LET ME FIND OUT...MY SIS CAN DO HER THING....WELL DONE!!! dID YOU FIND OUT WHAT WAS CAUSING ALL OF THOSE LADDERS WHILE WE WERE AT THE BEACH?

Ninabeena said...

I think that the ladders were from the wraps that were in the pattern I was using because I used the wraps for the short row heel and it kind of looked the same way until I actually started picking up the wraps on the way back. For my toe this time I just used the mary jane (provisional) cast on and increase 4 every other row. I like the way that came out. I'm working on the other sock and Jeremiah's scarf now...