Thursday, June 12, 2008

Movies 12 thru

TODAY'S FEATURE

12. No Reservations- Cute little movie. I know everyone raves about that little Abigail girl from Little Ms. Sunshine. I'm not a big fan of the kid but still she did a fine job and the movie was a cute little predictable romantic (it was suppose to be a comedy) drama. If chick flicks are your thing pick this baby up it's really sweet.

13. Run Lola Run- (foreign w/ subtitles) Obviously, I had never seen this before but had heard rave reviews from others in my Fiberflix and Netflix groups. I am so glad I watched it. I actually watched it with my brother in law and he pretty much hates subtitles but the movie was so high energy, entertaining, and interesting that we both ended up loving it. I really love how the story is told and the snapshots into the future, and the animation. It was a really cool film. I would recommend it.

14. Hotel Rowanda- Another incredible movie. It will be a really hard week to choose my feature of the day. Don Cheadle. Wow. That's pretty much all I've got on that note. The movie is incredibly moving. It spoke legions about the different political relations in Africa. It also amazes me how in modern day people can still be slaughtered in mass because of race, religion, economical status etc. (not just in Africa). When I watch a movie like this I wonder, "How can I make a difference?"

15. Millions- This was a neat little foreign film. I ended up really liking it. I thought the concept was great. The little boy who plays the main character is as cute as a button and I loved how his imagination is played out on screen. It's quite the little family film too sort of home alone, meets real life, meets fantasy.

16. Volver- (foreign w/ subtitles) Another great movie. The thing that struck me is how lighthearted the film actually feels considering it deals with some very dark issues. Somehow it all just flows and seems to make sense. Penelope Cruz is wonderful and beautiful in this movie (me and the BIL had a convo of how she can be hit or miss sometimes) and again this movie is rich with latino culture. I loved it.

17. Baby Mama- Gotta love Tina Fey and her really funny writing perspective. Saw this in the the theater with a girlfriend of mine. It was laugh out loud funny but I will say that it is more on the chick flick side of things. While I think my hubby would have found things funny in it he would've requested I find a girlfriend to go with after all was said and done.

No comments: