Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fit Chick Knitting?

Truth is ya'll, I'm a little embarrassed. If I keep it up I'm going to have to think of something else to call my blog. Maybe just chick knits because the "fit" is not poppin' off over here. I'm having a hard time getting myself motivated. I've said it before and I will say it again. It has been a rough year over in this mickieflick. Georgia took a lot out of this city slickin' sistah and I have not bounced back. Heck, I had pretty much just got into my swing and then it was time to go from there- now I'm back home and even it is pretty whack. I feel like I hear a Michael Jackson scarecrow singing "You can't win," in the background. When did I become so hard to please….

Anyway, I'm still complaining bear with me. I need to get it together and handle my business. The sooner I do that the sooner I can move myself to Italy! A part of getting myself together is taking care of myself. Starting today, I'm back on the get it right, get it tight fitness for life plan. Especially if I'm trying to wear this when I'm done.

Remember how I used to be obsessed with Knit.1? Well the obsession is back (it never left) and I'm starting with the first issue I ever bought. I'm going back and making all the crazy stuff I have marked up and still like about three years later. This is the ribbed tank. Pattern number 24 in the mag. I started it two days ago. I am using size 6 straight needles (because I like straights) and some King Tut cotton yarn I had in my stash. I'm kinda excited I get to scour for a snazzy ribbon for the back. Oh, and the needles I'm using are those little plastic ones that light up—I've had them for a while but this is the first time I've actually used them. Can you believe I really like them?! So many people don't…anyway here's a progress shot...I've got more done now actually

No comments: