Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Delta

I decided to finally knit my top from Denim People. It’s called Delta. Could I be the only hepha who likes this pattern? I can’t find anyone who’s knit this...
Oh, actually no, I found this site and from there I found her and her. It’s seems to be pretty old but still, how exciting because I have some questions that maybe someone could help me with because it kinda seems like Rowan skimped out on the instructions.
O yeah, sidenote: Does anyone know how to stick buttons on the “new” blogger? Please tell me it’s easy.
I bought the yarn for this project probably a little over a year ago and now I seem to be a skein short of the amount I need. I know I had all of them before. Guess that’s what I get for moving. I’m going to wait to order another one just in case I need to order more than that missing one. I’m not even going to fret over the dye lot. It’s gone, it’s probably BEEN gone for a long time now.

Anyway, I finally got gauge so I’m casting on and am on my way now. Size 6 and size 3 needles. I knit my gauge swatch in three different sizes and obsessed over the right gauge and measuring and what not for longer than I care to let any of you know. I honestly think that subliminally it’s been all the knitting books that I’ve read.
Every single one I’ve ever read mention over and over again how important gauge is so whenever I knit something now I’m all pent up and stressed out and worried and pretty much just freaking out and obsessing over the freakin’ gauge. I used to not be this way. I need to go exhale.

No comments: